History of IPv6 Distribution
During the World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS) process, the Director of the ITU-TSB published a memorandum, “ITU and Internet Governance” for public comment.
A proposal to create a new IPv6 address space distribution process, based solely on national authorities, was included in this memorandum. As this proposal could have a serious impact on Internet operators and the global Internet community, the NRO issued a response to this memorandum detailing the flaws of the proposal and the negative impact it would have on Internet operations:
- Summary of NRO Response to ITU Comments on the Management of Internet Protocol (IP) Addresses
- NRO Response to ITU Comments on the Management of Internet Protocol (IP) Addresses
The original ITU memorandum is available here.
An updated version of this document is available here.
Internet Industry Responses to the ITU-TSB Memorandum
- ETNO Publishes Common Position on Future of IPv6 Management
- Council of European National Top Level Domain Registries (CENTR) comments on Mr. Zhao’s draft paper on “ITU and Internet Governance” (no longer available online)
- Internet Governance Task Force of Japan comment on new IPv6 allocation proposal at WGIG
Last modified on 27/06/2018